Monday, August 14, 2017

Nine Patch quilting

 This quilt was basted months ago and has patiently been waiting for her turn under the needle.  I was envisioning something to enhance the rings of color like feather wreaths but it just wasn't working on paper for me.  I  don't like to quilt so densely that the loft of the batting is squished and lost.  I used a straight edge and the Handigadget versi tool with a 4 inch half circle. I used isacord thread on top and signature cotton on the back and virtually no lint!  Slow going because I was using tools not because of lint build up in the bobbin case.  --Ann--  linking to Em's Scrapbag





3 comments:

Elaine M said...

Lovely quilt and quilting. Great design with the placement of 9 patches and other blocks. Cheery and inviting.

Ramona said...

I want to start making 9 patches right now so I can quilt them like you did. I love your quilt! It's amazing how much the quilt design enhances the block design. Beautiful.

em's scrapbag said...

Your nine patch is gorgeous!