Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Easily distracted

you know how it happens..............you are looking in the stash for the perfect piece of fabric to finish the border of a quilt and you find another piece of fabric for a different project and everything for that project is right there so you do that instead..............I cut my strips to make a coil wrapped basket.  I’m using linen from a dress and a skirt length that was given to me by a friend of my mother’s in Ireland. I’ve had the fabric for over 30 years and I’m never going to make it into a skirt.  When was the last time I wore a skirt?   I even re read parts of my book about making coil wrapped baskets.  It was full steam ahead on my bag/basket then I stood it upright what a mess!!! The shape was lopsided and distorted so I made lunch, knit a few rounds, read for awhile, soaked up some vitamin D on the deck and came back to it.  Distractions always clear my mind. I decided it was so awful that I ripped it apart my upper arm got a good workout and it didn’t take long until I got to the base because I straight stitched across for extra support just like the instruction said to do.  The curved surgical blade seam ripper works wonders. Then I started over from the beginning. Do you have any idea how fast it sews together when over 100 yards of clothes line are wrapped?!??
 Really, really fast!  I was done in no time at all then to add the handles and a little embellishment.  I filled my new bag with projects for the weekend and was a very happy camper while the guys fished.  Now to clean up the mess of threads on the floor.  --Ann--

1 comment:

Ramona said...

Oh how fun, Ann! That’s a great bag. I might have to try making one some day!