Friday, May 11, 2018

Friday knitting


 Socks are done for son with the turkey thighs for calves.  His birthday isn't until June but they are finished.  Can you see how I added stitches in the center back to accommodate his meaty legs?  Note to self if they are the perfect fit write down  the measurements for increases.
I started this sweater with CoBaSi yarn which is cotton, bamboo and silk.  It feels like a dream.  The swatch shrank a little in length in the washer but not in width so I can knit it a little longer.  The lace pattern in the sleeve is supper easy.
 And another pair of socks!  The color of these make me hungry for rhubarb. That is the color a yellow green with pink and red.  I wonder when the blue will appear from the ball.  I'm doing a fake cable it has the look but doesn't loose the stretch.
k4, p2 for six rows
p2, k4 for 6 row
k2, p2, k4 for 6 row and repeat the sequence.
For all the socks I have knit there are some patterns I keep coming back to because of the amount of stretch and others I don't knit again because of lack of stretch.
Happy knitting  --Ann--

2 comments:

Ramona said...

Your sweater is going to be beautiful! I love the sock yarn, too. Have a great weekend.

Deb said...

Rhubarb is just sprouting here in Central MN. It will be interesting to see how the blue comes in.