Friday, May 4, 2018

sweater finish




I just love this sweater pattern Fine Sand on Ravelry. It knits fast because it is just knit rows or purl rows on size 4 needles I went up 2 needle sizes for the sleeves because I knit tighter in the round than knitting flat. And this is all the yarn that I have left.  I used all the leftovers click and a full ball of the natural icelandic lace yarn. I held two strand together, a strand of the lace yarn ( 2 balls in the center and the red) and a strand of the sock yarn.  I didn't need three extra balls of sock yarn but I blended some of each in for unity in the fabric and I didn't worry about running out before I got to the end. I could knit socks to match!  There will be some cool days when I can wear my new sweater before I treat all my woolens to a spa day.  Loving these warmer days.  --Ann--

2 comments:

Ramona said...

Gorgeous, Ann! Such a beautiful finish. Hopefully you won't be able to wear it much longer this spring. :) Summer has hit here with the third day in the 90's. Spring will be back tomorrow, though.

Judy S. said...

Nice work! It's very pretty.