Monday, April 8, 2019

Machine quilting

 One afternoon last week was spent pin basting quilt tops, 4 ready to machine quilt.  I'm just stitching an arc in each triangle to enhance the piecing with a variegated thread.  I tried so hard not to have two of the same fabrics next to each other in the arranging and rearranging process but as I have quilted I have found many many twins next to each other in the small triangles.  The only way to avoid that would have been to place each half square triangle on the design wall before sewing anything together and the thought of keeping all that straight is just too much to think about and what's the fun of that??  Its more fun too look for twins and triplets and near misses across the quilt.  There is another storm brewing in the upper midwest and lots of machine quilting to do.  --Ann--




2 comments:

Ramona said...

The way I look at it is nature drops two or three of the same flowers right next to each other in a garden or along the roadside. It's just natural that two or three fabrics end up next to each other. :) I'm sorry you're getting more snow, but looking forward to seeing your snow quilting.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I love this-- hey, twins happen! You did a lovely job quilting this, congratulations!!