Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Its NOT snow today

Saturday there was 6 inches of fresh snow on the ground fortunately it was gone by mid afternoon, today it is raining.  I was sitting in the study with my cup of coffee enjoying the quiet and kept thinking at least its not snow.  I could sit and gaze out the window all day then I got to thinking about my last post and the quote  My goal is no longer to get more done, but rather to have less to do. by Francei  Jay  Gazing out the window is definitely doing less but at the end of the day I always run back through my head about what I did accomplish and some days I feel like the day was wasted if too many hours were spent on the internet or television.  The doing less part to me means not joining any new organizations because I have always believed that membership has responsibilities which means doing committee work and holding office.  I'm in enough things and am doing my part.  As for the getting more done I still need to set small goals like I have to finish machine quilting 5 more hexes before I make lunch.  The doing less part better enhance not interfere with creative time.
Slow progress on machine quilting the hexes and boxes.  So far I'm just quilting parallel to the seams and want do something different in the light ring.  Still thinking.  Still raining a good day for creative endeavors.  Carpe diem Seize the rest of the day --Ann--

No comments: