Thursday, April 11, 2019

TaDaDa Done


 My big finish yesterday was the binding on this quilt. I try to remember to reset the stitch counter on my Sweet 16 machine with each quilt, this one has 108,023 stitches in the machine quilting. I wonder how many miles of thread I have gone through?
I put the next quilt to be quilted on the design wall and looked at it for awhile, then I looked at all my books of quilting designs, with the light triangles making a large square I need a design to fill that space.  No great ideas so I laid out the next quilt on the floor, the hexagons, nothing popped into my head for that one.  Look at the books again.
Lay out the third quilt that might be good for an all over quilting design but that also had large light blocks with the alternating double 4 patches.   How do I quilt it / them to enhance the piecing????? Knit a few rows and do a little sketching on graph paper.    another snow day to think about it
--Ann--



3 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I am with you-- choosing a quilting design can be among the hardest of decisions. I am sure whatever you come up with will be wonderful; for each of these beauties! Your finished quilt is absolutely lovely-- SEW many stitches!! Wow!!

Rose said...

Congrats on the finish! I am loving it. I am getting worse about choosing how to quilt things. So many ideas...but choosing one I can accomplish is not so easy.

Judy S. said...

Wow! It's beautiful!