Wednesday, June 28, 2017

9 patch quilt top

 I was working from the fabrics in my stash to finish this quilt top and ran out of the black with red print for the border squares so had to find something in the stash that would work, then I ran out of the dark red mini stripe but found a dark red with tiny stars that worked then I ran out of that too so I was piecing the red mini stripe to finish the corners.  Its times like this when I ask myself what would Grandma have done to finish the quilt.  Piece the pieces.  I pieced some of the black squares too, and now those fabrics are gone.  Scrap happy and making due --Ann--



2 comments:

Ramona said...

Ann, this is a beautiful finish. The yellow just sparkles with the darker colors. And congrats for using what you had!

Vic in NH said...

Congratulations on finishing a beautiful top! I love your scrappy approach to quilting and patchwork!