Monday, June 19, 2017

Machine quilting with a Sweet 16


 When I first got my Sweet 16 machine I was doing the same kind of quilting as I was on my Bernina only I had more space and it could sew faster.  Then always striving to learn more and do better I bought tools, big fat thick tools with straight edges and curves.
 I could quilt straight lines that were straight and equally spaced and they have improved since I did this one.  I could quilt curves that mirrored each other.
 I still did some free motion quilting when it was easier than using tool.
 I could make the arc the same for every block and sew a second line that was close to parallel then free motion the feathers and the ovals.





the right tools made the job so much easier and accurate.


I have made this quilt pattern 5 times and quilted each one different, I can see how my quilting improved with each.  Planning, practice, patience, perseverance, and a really good pair of garden gloves with rubberized fingers and palms to help you grip the tools and the quilt.  Happy quilting  --Ann--

3 comments:

Ramona said...

Thanks for sharing your quilting journey! I love seeing your designs and patterns. Beautiful. There is hope for me! :D

Vic in NH said...

Your quilting is quite wonderful and it makes your romantic quilts really shine!

Raewyn said...

Interesting post - I have a sweet 16 as well and have never thought about my 'progression' as a quilter in this way. Lovely quilts :-)