Friday, June 16, 2017

more machine quilting


 Scrolls and waves are good for borders and all over quilting.  They can be big or small and lots of fun to practice.  Go in circles going in then go in circles going out, scrolls teach your hands to move clockwise and counterclockwise.

 Echo quilting improved with practice and was so much easier on a smaller quilt.

 I did these faces on a buzz saw quilt each of them was different so I had lots of practice, when I made these stars the faces were easier and it was especially fun to quilt the rays.
I drew the faces many times over until my hands memorized what my brain wanted it to do, I also drew many pages of the hooks and crooks before sat down to quilt.  Planning, practice and patience.  --Ann--





2 comments:

Ramona said...

Are you still quilting on your sewing machine? Great examples of machine quilting, Ann. Thanks!

Judy S. said...

Nicely done! I love the colors in this quilt.