Monday, June 12, 2017

Iris


 My friend who got me into quilting asked me to help weed the iris garden at McCrory Gardens.  I know I said when we moved I was not going to garden anymore but I really miss it.  Imagine missing crawling around on my hands and knees in the dirt.  I helped her and a few other ladies tidy up the iris patch before many were blooming.  I stopped after Bible study the other morning and wouldn't you know they had the sprinklers on so I was trying to take pictures and watch the sprinklers and not get soaked.  So I would step in on the mulch from the back side of the bed and click click and quick step out just before the sprinkler came around again and do it all over again on a different mulch path.  The flowers were probably at their prime a few days earlier.  --Ann--

2 comments:

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Beautiful! The Iris is the state flower of TN--Ellington has beds and beds of beautiful Iris

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Absolutely stunning, the colors are simply glorious!