Monday, January 28, 2019

alternating projects

 Its been cold here and windy and more snow.  Oh its winter its supposed to be that way. Then its a good day to sew!   A quilt top I finished last year was nudging me to be finished,  reminding me that it is pieced with scraps of wool from past garments and would be very cozy to use this winter.  Important words being use this winter.  Piecing the wool was fun but machine quilting is not so much fun because some of the seam intersections are thick and don't go under the foot easily like cotton piecing.  I'm making progress on it and keep reminding myself its not for 4-H  because some of these circles are not very round and my stitching in the ditch sometimes goes up on the road.  Between working on that I have been sewing more half square triangles since I had so many large triangles left from last weeks quilt top.  Exact same pieces and slightly different look.  Staying warm on the wintery plains.  --Ann--

3 comments:

Ramona said...

Your quilting on your wool top is perfect! I love the circles. Looking forward to seeing your next HST quilt. Thank you for your comment of my blog. Hope you stay warm, too!

Deb said...

Same weather here. Cold, snow, Cold, Wind - blah blah blah. I'm ready for spring already!

Rose said...

I think it looks good!