Wednesday, January 9, 2019

stitch detail


 Thanks to a comment by a reader I took some close ups of the stitch patterns in this Gansey sweater.  The stitch patterns are all knit and purl combinations.  Nothing difficult.  The patterns repeat across 8 stitches and the same stitch repeats are used in the sleeves.  The variations of the stitches make it interesting to knit and easy to count rows.  The black dots on the chart are the purl stitches.  The hip sections is plain stockinette traditional sweaters have the wearers initials knitted in the lower left but I didn't knit my initials,  this has a garter stitch band at the bottom and a 3 yarn cast on that has a picot edge. I just wish I had made it a size larger.  I'm still thinking of ripping and making something that is more comfortable to wear its still too tight and itchy.  I have some other yarns to play with while I decide.    --Ann--


1 comment:

Judy S. said...

Thanks for the detailed look, Ann. I didn't know about the initial use either. Seems sad to rip out all that work, but if you won't wear it, that's not good.