Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Broken Resolutions


 I didn't even get through January without breaking my resolution to not buy more creative resources and products.  NO! the resolution was to work from the stash!! which I have been doing!  The opportunity was there, weekend trip to visit niece and her hubby and go to a college hockey game and hubbys went to a pro game so niece and I had to entertain ourselves by going shopping.  What else could we do???  The yarn shop still had the exact same yarn that I bought last year for a scarf and cap but the cap is a little short on the ears so I'm knitting a longer one.  This winter looks to be a long one and it is easier to endure with warm ears.  The red and gray is for gloves for niece and the Zauberball well it was there.  The quilt shop moved to just a block down from the yarn shop so who could resist.  She had these gorgeous brights and my stash of brights had been depleted.  Justified.  --Ann--


4 comments:

Ramona said...

Sometimes you just have to buy new fabrics and yarns. The fabrics are awesome! Love the colors and prints. I think I bought a similar yarn to your red earlier. Enjoy your knitting!

Cathy said...

I love the way you phrased that - “creative resources and products” It makes it sound so much better! I’ve been on a yarn and pattern buying binge lately too.

Rose said...

I don't knit or crochet, but I would have been tempted to buy that red and gray!

Judy S. said...

It's so hard to resist, isn't it? I've spent a week sorting through my various stashes and am trying so hard to be good. Sigh.